10 Things I do for a Positive Day
It has been 2 weeks since my last entry or update and for that I am truly sorry. It has been a tough week, not through anyone’s actions or even my own- positivity just went out the window with the sun.
I certainly suffer from SAD and I have to work extra hard to stay sparkly. Even though I had a few good days they were swallowed up by negativity and anxiety.
Everyone has bad days so I won’t go on but I will talk about how I drag my ass bank out of The Funk.
- Art. This is my first, my last and everything. I could stare at a single painting or sculpture for hours. I always feel happy when I visit a gallery. I visited two recently and I left feeling creative and empowered. I need to use my skills more and I have a canvas just waiting to be painted.
- Meditation. People may scoff but if you spent 20 minutes a day in utter silence or reminding yourself about the good things in your life, you’d feel great too! I use crystals to guide my meditation and they really help me.
- Reiki. Everyone should give this I go.
- Meeting a friend for a chat. You’d be surprised how much you’ll forget and it’ll cheer you up no end.
- Dance. Put on some music and let loose. I’m usually found dancing and cleaning my house. Try it it’s very therapeutic.
- Clean out your wardrobe. If you haven’t worn it in 6-12 months or it is too big or small then donate it! Someone else will love it.
- Pamper night. Bath, mani pedi, hair mask, facial, tan. Whatever it is that makes you feel good then do it. I’d recommend clean sheets, new pjs and an early night with a good book. You’ll wake up a happier person.
- Pinterest. Create a board of things you love. Make it a secret board if you want, add motivational quotes, recipes, puppies. Anytime you feel a bit rubbish just take a peek at your board.
- Blub. Ladies especially, sometimes you just have to cry it out. We just have so many feelings. Put on a movie you know you’ll blub too. Just let it out.
- Get outside. Go for a walk. Look after yourself, start taking supplements, drink more water. It is easy to just crawl into bed with a “share” size bar of chocolate but it’s a quick fix. Endorphins are a much better rush. I know for a fact that I need to exercise to eat as much pizza as I do. Sometimes that’s all the motivation I need.
It’s tough to get out of The Funk once your in it, these tips work for me and once I’ve looked after myself I feel happier.
Would love to know about your tip or tricks. Let me know if you try any of mine-
I hope your day is great,